Pages

Wednesday, November 2, 2016

October Wrap-Up and November Plans

I've decided to no longer focus on yardage sewn in my wrap-ups.  So...


This month I sewed:
  • Frankenpattern of Burda 03/2013 and Simplicity 2442 in black velvet and black wool/poly blend suiting for my daughter's band gown
  • Burda 10/2016 raglan sweater in a black/white sweater knit
  • McCall's 7430 tunic/dress in charcoal ponte
  • Ottobre 5-2016 sweater in textured double knit for my Fabric Mart project
  • McCall's 7392 denim skirt (still awaiting buttonholes/buttons and belt carriers - it's coming!)
  • New Look 6230 raglan tee using jersey remnants from my Swoon cardigan and S2369 top (it's been completed since this photo)
  • Vogue 1465 turtleneck shell in a moss ponte
  • Vogue 9210 leggings in the same moss ponte
  • Butterick 6244 sweater coat in a heavy double knit
  • Swoon Cardigan in teal sweaterknit (unselfish sewing!)
Just needs hems. Isn't that color lovely!?!

I hope to get photos of the Vogue top and pants this week and finish the denim skirt, the Burda jeans I cut way back when (they too are in need of belt carriers and button/buttonhole), and hem the cardigan.

I was afraid if I didn't make my Clare coat last month it would hit the back burner pretty hard. Sigh. And it doesn't help that I bought a cuter, more streamlined 'puffy' coat last month. I want to make it though! Blergh. Maybe I'll make it this winter, for when we start the downturn from *COLD* to cold. LOL! Although...when the mercury rises above freezing in the spring we pretty much lose our minds!

November: I WANT ALL THE DRESSES!!!!!!

WIP: New Look 6301 (Made twice before)


Which, I saw a wrap sweater on Modcloth that I'm going to use this pattern to replicate by adding a bottom band, no ties, and long sleeves. AND I want it as a top. AND I want a long sleeved version (didn't have enough fabric to add to the sleeve length on this one). So, if you see 4 versions of this pattern this month, don't be shocked! LOL!

Also want:
M7506 in a colorblocked set up
Going for view B with slightly longer sleeves, but not as long as view C. I'm going to use white for the bodice, a large, graphic houndstooth for the skirt and black binding.

M7464 in a colorful boucle with piping

 
The fabric is such a pretty print that I want it be able to wear it alone but I've never had a dress where the sleeves were lined. I don't know why it seems so weird to me?? Maybe it seems too formal? I'm not sure but my brain is having a hard time processing it.  

V9201 in a plum crepe

 
The line drawing isn't that inspiring but I saw it made up and fell in love with it. I'm going for view C in a shorter length. I'm all about tie-necks right now (wearing one today!)

And of course I want to finish up the details on the projects from October