Pages

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

PR SODUKO CONTEST 2 OF 10: Burda 7136

I have a ton of stuff going on but I won't whine about it. I HAVE been sewing! LOL! I actually have 3 things completed and 1 more in progress. I'll start the Birkin flares after the vest is completed. Then the white skirt and white jacket hopefully by mid-March. I'm saving the tees - easiest items - for last. 

So again, no real modeled photos. Sorry. There'll be tons of pics though when everything is finished.

I've made this pattern a few times. When I made the last one, in chambray, I finished it and HATED it. I ended up chopping the sleeves to around elbow length and that made it wearable. Well, same thing happened this time. I finally had a lightbulb moment and went back to the pattern. Turns out I royally screwed up on the full bicep adjustment after making it the first time and there's tons of extra, unneeded fabric through the center of the sleeve. Huzzah! I can fix it for next time. 



I did a good job on the collar! 

This was my first time sewing seersucker and it was fine. I didn't lose the 'crinkles' anywhere even with pressing.


How I ended up finishing the sleeves. 


ALMOST perfect on matching the yoke to the back pattern piece! 


My shirt was going to have pockets. I made the first one and sewed it on. It was crooked - well it was straight on the flat pattern but crooked on my body. I removed it and reattached it. Too low. I removed it and reattached it. Too far from the center front. I removed it and gave it MAJOR side-eye and decided there was no way in {a warm, fiery place} would I reattach that pocket again.


I really like the finished shirt! It screams spring/summer!  I think it's going to be an awesome wardrobe piece as it looks great with SO many of my existing bottoms. And yes, I fitted it very closely on purpose.

WIP:
Simplicity 1499 vest in olive


Vest front and back are ready for topstitching. I added princess seams to the back and will be topstitching ALL THE THINGS on this! :)

Until later!!!!