Pages

Sunday, October 15, 2017

Ottobre 5/2017 #4


This sweatshirt is from the most recent Ottobre woman. I thought it was a great casual item and knew it would be a great pattern for the black wool sweatshirt knit that was too thick for the pattern I originally intended it for.


This is my second Ottobre. I sewed the first with a 44 neckline/shoulder and 46 for the rest. The top was too large but I thought it was perhaps due to the very heavy knit I'd used. This time I used a 42 for the neck/shoulder and 44 for the rest. MUCH better.

I  could should have done a bicep adjustment. I somehow keep forgetting that even though it will "fit"-- it won't fit as intended / with respect to the rest of the pattern -- if I don't do an adjustment.


The front pockets are cool but your fabric needs to not have much drape in order for them not to collapse.  The front pattern piece has an extension and then you sew the other pocket piece to the lower front. You then attach the lower front to upper front, sewing the pocket bag together as you go. The front is then stitched with a zig zag (or bar tack).

I finished it, tried it on and was not that happy! The shoulder and neck fit beautifully but it was otherwise quite saggy.

It clicked that it was too long. I cut as much length as possible (couldn't do anymore because of the pockets)

sorry for the blurry photo

I then removed the stitching from the band

cut right along the seam line


I think it looks much better - I didn't get a before photo :/

It's quite a simple basic but I really like it! I think it'll get a ton of wear this fall/winter. It's SO cozy and I really like the fit!

I am working on the top from Vogue 1522 in a polyester georgette (wahhhhh!). I wrote out a big wish list (22 items!!) and sorted them of what I want NOW (the blue lines) :)



I then TRIED to sort the #1 items (pink highlighter) but couldn't! LOL! My short list includes:

Burda 8/2017 coat in red-orange wool fleece
Burda 3/2017 cropped jacket in blue textured suiting
Vogue 1522 top in black/white print poly georgette
Simplicity 1366 camisole I'm not sure yet...thinking either a neutral or a very bright color
Burda 10/2014 shirtdress in plum crepe
Burda 10/2014 knit dress with cowl in black/white print jersey
New Look 6524 dress in pale grey crepe
Burda 11/2017 skirt in plum crepe suiting

There's no outfit planning here; just focusing on holes in the wardrobe and wants based on fabric and pattern stash.