Pages

Tuesday, December 3, 2019

November Wrap-up and December Plans

I won't drone on and on about the passage of time but...OH EM GEE! lol!

This month I sewed up 10 yards. I sewed:
  • Vogue 9026 top - 1.5 yards (WIP)
    • animal print double knit from Michael Levine (new) 
  • Burda magazine 9/2018 dress - 2.5 yards
    • print poly crepe woven from Ginny's (new)
    • zipper
  • Itch to Stitch Cape Cod Capelet top - 1.5 yards
    • striped sweater knit from SR Harris (stash)
  • Vogue 9111 top - 2.5 yards
    • tonal animal print jersey (stash)
  • Burda magazine 9/2018 pants - 2 yards (FAIL)
    • print rayon/lycra gabardine from Cali Fabrics (stash)
    • zippers
Favorite: I don't really have a favorite this month. I really like the Burda dress but am honestly less jazzed about it with it being sleeveless. The V9111 top isn't anything special but it's also exactly what I thought it would be, so that's great!

FAILS: Those dang-blasted pants! (read previous post for whiny saga) and my wonderful animal print knit did not pair well with the V9026 pattern. I still haven't looked at a fix for that :(

Accomplishments: Low key month here. Nothing special happened!

I also bought 12.5 yards of fabric on the trip to Ginny's.

2019 totals so far:
IN: 78 yards
OUT: 85.5 yards

December Plans:

December is always a bit harder to plan as I have that chunk of time off work. My last day of work is December 20th and I go back January 2nd. I get A LOT of sewing done during this time!

Until then, I'm going to continue to focus on completing some things:
*Burda 9/2018 dress (I just have finish the armholes)
*Vogue 9099 jacket (The lining is ready to sew in. I'm doing it by hand.)


I would realllly like to get a couple pair of knit or elastic waist pants done but I'm not sure it's going to happen. I may switch gears and sew up a couple knit dresses instead.