Pages

Monday, March 2, 2020

February Wrap-Up and March Plans

I did not do what I intended to do this past month. Are you surprised? :-p

I sewed 14 items and 18 yards. (I forgot about my Ogden until I was uploaded pics!)
  • Burda mag 1/2020 hooded top - 2 yards
    • lace from stash and remnant for cuffs
    • buttons, cording
  • Simplicity 2061 pants - 1 3/4 yards
    • faux leather "double knit" (NOT!) from Mood
    • elastic, cording
  • Vogue 1674 (x2) dress - 4 yards total
    • jersey and double knit from stash - WADDER
    • ITY from stash
    • elastic, zipper
  • Simplicity 1945 cardigan - 2 yards
    • sweater knit from Michael Levine
  • Ottobre 5/2019 dress - 2 yards WADDER
    • ponte knit from Metro Textiles
  • Burda mag 11/2019 top - 2 yards
    • ivory jersey from stash (Fabric Mart)
    • elastic in sleeves
  • True Bias Ogden - 7/8 yd
    • blue & white print rayon challis
  • Butterick 6183 top - 1 yard
    • cotton sateen from stash (Fabric.com)
    • zipper
  • Butterick 5760 - 1 yard
    • cotton sateen from stash (matches the top above)
    • zipper
  • Ottobre 4/2010 - 1 3/8 yds
    • Various remnants (Ankara cotton, sateen, ponte) and cotton pique from stash
    • 2 tees - 1 in pique knit with snaps the other with no snaps and some Cricut HTV
    • 2 tops - 1 in pique knit and 1 in Ankara with sateen accents and ponte waistband and cuffs

Ogden no. 3 without bust darts! :-D

Don't you just love a lined skirt?!

Accomplishments: Executing the vision that was the lace hoodie! I had some challenges (review to come) but I made it happen and I LOVE IT!

FAILS: The Ottobre dress. I don't know what made me choose the size I did but I wasn't thinking and I wasted that fabric. I'm not going to take it apart (because I am me and know that just isn't going to happen). Sigh. Also, the first version of V1674 caused me serious grief. I was following their directions for lining and holy buckets... I lost my temper and literally ripped the thing apart. I like the red remake that resulted!

Favorites: I had a good month! I love that lace top and the Burda surplice top. And really love the simple but nice, well done, and much needed grey cardigan. The Butterick skirt is a TNT and it turned out just perfect.

Y'all. First of all, there's always a thread that pops up on PR about "sewing skill level". Like clockwork. Look, just sew. Sew the things you want to make. If you don't know how to make a thing, learn to make it then work on improving your skills. Because every category of sewing has an associated skill level (e.g., home dec vs quilting vs garments (menswear vs women's vs bridal) etc).

Baby. Clothes. Oy. So small. So fiddly. But SOOOOO cute.  I promise I'm going to get all of my reviews up to date so more later...all 4 garments are from the Ottobre Kids 4/2010 issue.

I made the LOVE on my Cricut using HTV. :)
(disclosure: I am a Cricut and Expressions Vinyl affiliate!) 



So I sewed the stuff for me that I intended :-p but didn't sew the garments for my daughter or husband. Hers is next!!

On a personal note, I was completing the monthly reflection in my planner and I swear I am really tough on myself and often think I'm not doing enough, being lazy, etc. This month, I made sure and took note of everything in my planner. SO eye opening!!

from my IG stories

March plans:


It's that time of year! Where I know that winter is nowhere near over, but I am tired of dark colors and bundling up. I will start to focus on transitional garments for sure come April.
  • My daughter's outfit! :-p
  • Finish my dang blasted blazer! I keep wanting to wear it and can't!
  • Start my husband's jacket
  • Burda 2/2020 dress in black/grey suiting
  • Black knit blazer
  • M7982 pants in camel suiting 
  • My next 2 knitting lessons will focus on making a (child's) sweater. Yay!

But first (durr), I am making up a dress from Burda 7/2019. More later...
WIP shot: