Pages

Monday, August 9, 2021

July Wrap up and August Plans

This month, I sewed 2 items and 3.75 yards (from stash). I sewed:

  • Simplicity 8337 top - 1.25 yd
    • emerald green rayon jersey
  • McCall's 6744 dress - 2.5 yd
    • floral diagonal ITY knit
    • elastic

I really love how the dress turned out, it's absolute perfection. 

I was not feeling well (Covid negative!!) and was really a lump for like, 2 weeks. I finally decided to try to sew a little something. I finished up M8042 today in a clip dot woven. I swear it burned like cotton but it's SO drapey. I'm not sure about it yet.

Mid-July I made a quick trip down to Chicago for a cousin's birthday and got to wear my super-duper awesome Vogue 1507 top (blog post). I really love this top. It's such a fantastic, impactful pattern.


We made the big decision to purchase eBikes back in June and FINALLY, they arrived!! I don't care as much about cycling as my husband does. It just isn't my preferred activity or mode of exercise. But the eBike was SO. MUCH. FUN when we rented them. 
FedEx just parked it on the porch and since I was home alone I had to get it in the house solo! These thighs came in handy! LOL!!!

We went with the Rad Runner bikes and mine is the RadRunner 1 step-thru. We were finally able to take a maiden voyage :) a short 5 mile ride, and I'm excited to hit one of the (MANY!) trails soon.


I bought a few new patterns this month too during the Something Delightful Vogue sale. 


I'm not sure what I want to sew next :( I have purchased some new RTW items to tide me over since we've returned to the office this month and I'm a size bigger. I really want a khaki skirt and am thinking of sewing this Burda 4/2019 (blog post) again. We'll see.