Pages

Tuesday, October 1, 2019

September Wrap-up and October Plans

This month I sewed 5.5 yards.


  • Burda 7/2018 top (for my daughter) - 1.5 yards
    • teal poly charmeuse (stash)
  • Burda 6938 pants (for my daughter) - 1.5 yards
    • teal poly charmeuse (stash)
    • elastic
  • Vogue 9099 jacket (WIP) - 2.5 yards
    • gifted lightweight wool suiting
    • gifted silk lining
    • buttons
I added 5 yards of fabric to the stash via my visit to Stonemountain and Daughter :-D

Favorite: Well, my new blazer of course! I have the shell completely done. The hems are stitched, the button holes are sewn...time for the lining!

FAILS: I don't have any this month - YAY!

Accomplishments: The fabric I used for my daughter's birthday outfit was a monster to cut and sew but I made her a CUTE outfit!

I had such a busy month - I traveled 3 weekends in a row and then my surgery was 9/24. I haven't had a chance to take pics of the DOZEN sewn but unblogged projects. Eek! Some stuff may have to make an appearance on the blog via Lily (dress form).

Burda 7/2018 #117 top:

She's a size 36 but she has super broad shoulders and a short torso. I used a 36 for all but the shoulder/sleeves. I cut that area as a 38 and graded back to a 36. I left off the loops/buttons.

The pants, I've made for her a couple times before. I used a size 38 and added 2 inches to the length (1" added both above and below the knee). And I made a self fabric tie for the pants. 

true color

21st Birthday!!


For October, my plans are to finish my blazer and to work on my Minerva Crafts project.  Hopefully, that isn't too ambitious! :)