Pages

Monday, May 2, 2022

April Wrap-up and May Plans

Work is busy and life is hectic and while I have sewing mojo, I don't have much energy. This year we've been to Nashville, Chicago, Phoenix, Denver, and Atlanta. I've had several migraine attacks in the last month. I knew my time with having my daughter's family here was running out so I started spending every free moment with them. My colleague is going on maternity leave and I'm taking about half of her client portfolio. My direct report resigned for a new job so I'm searching for her replacement. 

I feel like I'm on a precipice. 

I am not complaining, I just don't know (at the moment) what I need to do differently. Probably "less". I do have a time alone this upcoming weekend and am hoping to spend some quality time in the sewing room. 

This month I sewed 1 garment and 2 crafty items. I also machine knit 3 items.

I sewed:
  • New Look 6600 - 2.5 yards
    • horizontal tan & black (rayon?) woven
    • cord ends
  • Zip top bag
    • black quilting cotton and faux leather
    • zipper
  • Cover for PS5
    • Chicago White Sox and solid black quilting cotton 
    • black piping
I knit:
  • a triangle shawl (but I may frog this)
  • girl's ballet cardigan
  • infant drop shoulder sweater
This month, I also did a deep dive in my wardrobe when I pulled out some spring items. I got rid of like 40 items! So funny, I pulled out this pair of pants and thought, "I hate these pants". But they're black and ankle length so I kept them. And then I wore them one day and when I took them off after work I said, "I hate these pants!" So they've since been washed and placed in the donate pile, where they belong.

I also organized my tops by color and I really could use a few new tops. 




aaaaand I just heard the news about the (likelihood?) of Roe v. Wade being overturned and I don't have anymore words right now.