Pages

Sunday, June 30, 2019

June Wrap-Up & July Plans

It's so nice to have a "normal" wrap-up!! :-D  Woohoo!!

This month, I sewed 7 3/8 yards. 2 yards of that was "new" (newer than 3 mos) fabric.

  • Burda 12/2009 tee - 1.25 yards
    • blue and white striped burnout jersey
    • snaps
  • Burda 6659 shorts - 1 yard
    • grey french terry
    • elastic, twill tape
  • New Look 6650 top - 1 5/8 yards
    • lightweight chambray
    • button, trim for ties
  • Vogue 1501 skirt - 2 yards
    • floral poly crepe
    • invisible zipper, button
  • Burda 6769 skirt - 1.5 yards
    • lightweight denim
    • zipper, tack button

I was so productive!! The Burda tee and NL top were new-to-me patterns. The others have all been sewn before. I am fine with sewing...cutting out patterns is still tough.

Favorite: The skirts. My Vogue skirt makes me HAPPY!!!! And the jean skirt is ev.ery.thing! I cannot wait to do the final finishing bits.

FAILS: Nothing really aside from being 'meh' on the NL top for now.

Accomplishments: The construction on that Burda tee is so awesome!! <3 Also, I made some style changes to the Burda denim skirt and it all worked out very well. Review to come soon!

This month I bought 4 yards of fabric (2 were used on the crepe skirt). My totals for the first half of the year are:

IN: 32.75
OUT: 35.25

YAY!

Patterns? Uhmm.....I bought 14 total in January and Feburary, before surgery. I'm up to 58 now. EEK!

July plans:

Deer & Doe Sirocco jumpsuit for my birthday dinner!

And then back to my summer plans...which I've made 5 of the patterns here already!

Already sewn: top 1, skirts 3 & 4, dress 2, shorts

Next up is either the cropped pants or the tie-neck blouse. It's suddenly SUPER HOT. Like, real hot, not just Minnesota hot. I am thinking I'll push M7251 (top 3) to fall. I'm considering replacing it with something I've made before that would be a straightforward sew like S2594 or a Burda because I wouldn't need a muslin. We will see!

And, oh yeah, THIS happened:


New hair, who dis?!

Absolutely ADORE the cut!

16 comments:

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

So glad to see you sewing again! And I love your hair cut sooooooo much that I showed it to my daughter. It has to be so freeing!

KiKi said...

Busy month, so happy your coming along nicely. And yes the new hairdo is FABULOUS DARLING just FABULOUS 😊😊❤❤

Accordion3 said...

Love the hairdo, love that you are back sewing again.. congratulations!

Masha said...

Glad you're back to sewing. I can't wait to see the jean skirt!

Barbara said...

Your productivity inspires me every month. But possibly the best thing you did for yourself is the haircut. It's wonderful and as someone said earlier, looks so freeing. It frames your beautiful face perfectly.

L said...

Grrrrr...Google still out here snatching comments.

Harpo, who dis woman? LOL I love the new cut!

I'm glad you are able to sew again. May your hand continue to heal so that cutting is no longer tough to do.

I look forward to seeing your summer plans!

Vanessa said...

So glad you are back! I love your haircut, it really suits you! You have really made some good headway on your plans.

Robin said...

Looking Good! I love it--made the big natural chop last year--so freeing. Enjoy!

Leigh said...

Great 'do!! you look fabulous. I have GOT to make a jean skirt. You're good inspiration. :)

KS_Sews (Dressmakingbacles) said...

Thank you Leigh!

Yessss! Do it!!!

KS_Sews (Dressmakingbacles) said...

Thank you Robin! I am SO enjoying it!

KS_Sews (Dressmakingbacles) said...

Thank you Vanessa! Sewing for summer is fun!!

Bunny said...

Love your hair, the makeup. You look wonderful and just downright sparkling! Sew on!

Kimmielovesparis said...

You look fabulous as always but that cut is super cute on you.

Linda L said...

I love your short hair! Way to beat the heat! It really is a cute style on you brings out your eyes and great smile.

Unknown said...

..the hair...BEAUTIFUL