Pages

Wednesday, June 30, 2021

June Wrap-up and July Plans

Hey, remember me?  I have had such little sew-jo, and June was absolutely insane. 

I lost a couple days at the start of the month to a migraine. I'm sure the near 100 degree temps didn't help.

June 4: Grabbed my daughter's cap and gown from her college, bought some (expensive!) fabric from Sewing Lounge to make a simple cami style dress for her for commencement (she graduated last year but the ceremony was virtual)
June 6: Picked up daughter, sil, and grandson from the airport
June 6-8: Sewed the dress
June 8: Commencement 
June 9: Picked my parents up from the airport
June 10: Niece's birthday party
June 11: My dad's birthday, younger niece's HS graduation, cousin's bday dinner
June 12: Younger niece's grad party, aunt's bday dinner (dad's sister that traveled up for his bday)
June 13: Cousin's (mentioned above) birthday, dropped kids and grandkid at the airport
June 14: Started my new job (exciting but exhausting!)
June 19: Parent's last weekend, family dinner
June 20: Father's Day
June 23: Dropped my parents off at the airport
June 25-29: Girl's trip to Savannah

Like, seriously! 

This month I sewed 1 thing, total of 1 1/4 yards of fabric. Sighhh

I used the Kommatia patterns (Studio Calicot) Claire bodysuit pattern lengthened to a dress using M6886

Yep. That's it. No photos on her...I took these two pics from my IG stories
I tried various methods of using my Brother Coverstitch bias binding tool...it did great with a woven fabric (with either knit or woven binding), but not so great with knit-on-knit binding. And I was running out of time so I did it all on the sewing machine.

It turned out really well!

Now, this weekend is the 4th, my birthday is Tuesday, and I'm tired y'all! I want to make an outfit for Saturday, but I just do not see myself having the ability to get it done. If I can get the pattern cut out and adjusted tomorrow (doubtful), I can sew it Friday evening/Saturday morning & afternoon. Maaaaybe if I switch my idea from a jumpsuit to a dress, it'll be doable. We'll see :)

Otherwise, I really need to do a massive clean-up. My closet feels stale and is a mess, my sewing room is a mess, I've been having weird (for me) self-doubt. Like, it took me days to start that dress because I was worried about the binding. I look at patterns and think, "too complicated" and then, it sits. Wah. 

I try not to sweat it when the mojo goes...it just seems like I'm in a looooong slump right now.