Pages

Wednesday, June 7, 2017

McCalls 6519 x2

1: Cheesy happy face
2: IDK why I bought these patent pumps. I pretty much hate them.
(they were the only black shoes nearby and I was actively running away from the cat lest he rub against my new black pants. Probably adding the shoes to the donation pile)
 
Pattern Description:

Pullover top has purchased bias tape to finish neckline and armholes.

Pattern Sizing:

6-14, 14-22. I cut a size 14.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?

Yes!

Were the instructions easy to follow?

They were, although it's a simple one :)

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?

I like the fit. I really should grade it at the hips. I've said that before, I have yet to do it. Oops! You can see it gets hung up on the butt; but is so cute tucked in:



Fabric Used:

Rayon challis I black/white print from FM.
Rayon challis from SR Harris.

So, when I bought this way back when, they had it labeled as "sandwashed rayon" and I was smitten. Well now that I'm finally sewing with it, it felt no different than all of the other printed rayon challis' that I've used! Hmmph! :)

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:

I left off the pocket. And because I get all antsy having to trim after applying bias tape, I just went to the edge on the sleeve hems. So they're a bit longer than intended.

The pattern suggests purchased bias tape but I made my own. Super fast with the Clover tape makers.


I used my stock labels as I figured the others would be too bulky on the challis. The b/w one that is still in my wardrobe from 2013 has the weird tiny pocket, so I can tell front from back. On these, I kept having to hold them up by the shoulder seams to distinguish, so this is a perfect use!

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?

This is a TNT for me so probably so. Especially if I give myself the hip butt room that I need :) I don't like the colorful print on me as much as I did as flat fabric, but that's okay. It'll work for summer.


If you've been around awhile, you've probably come to recognize smug satisfaction face. :-D I was worried that there was enough variation in the "stripe" that it wouldn't really match well...but it did!

 
 

 
These are the same pants as the red pair, from LOFT in their (curvy) Julie fit. They showed up today and I was all giddy and then I took these pics (of the top), but then made my friends look at this one because OHMYGOSH these pants make my butt look so good! I'll be watching these to collect other colors, for sure.
 
I am totally going to adjust the pattern and add some more hip room before I put it away!! And while I may not be crazy about the print, I just love the fit on this pattern.
 

Because veering off course is kind of what I do...I sewed up M7465 and just need to add a neck binding. I washed up that sateen for the 2/2013 Burda dress and it's just bright and fun and pretty; it may be this year's birthday work-dress! Stay tuned!