Pages

Friday, August 24, 2018

PR Mini Wardrobe Contest 2018

I consistently attempt an entry for the wardrobe contests year after year...sometimes I get it done and other times... :)


I just try to make it work within existing sewing plans and if it doesn't then, I won't make something *just* for the contest. I had gotten pretty good about not doing that and then was so frustrated with myself for doing it for the Sewing Bee. Too many wants, not enough time.

The contest rules were announced yesterday (I think?) and it runs September 1 through September 30th. This year, the contest challenge is to create a 5 piece mini wardrobe that combines to make a minimum of 6 outfits. So based on that and my early fall plans and another challenge/sew-a-long for September, here is my mini wardrobe.

 
Only the striped crepe is the actual fabric...the others are representative :)

Burda sweater in a black sweater knit
Butterick top (made previously) in a striped crepe, will modify the sleeve to have a flouncy bit of some sort :) I like flouncy bits!!
Birkin Flares in a medium wash denim
Vogue top in a red crepe; I plan to eliminate the back button closure (will just sew that seam up) and instead of the back strap, I'll make long! wide!! ties so it ties in back at the neck.
Butterick mini in a black Telio ponte

Outfit possibilities:
Sweater + Jeans
Sweater + Skirt
Sweater + Striped top + Jeans
Sweater + Striped top + Skirt
Striped top + Jeans
Striped top + Skirt
Solid top + Jeans
Solid top + Skirt

 
The theme is supposed to be something about work...or something? IDK...I will wear most of these to my regular office job LOL! The red top and oversized sweater will depend on how casual they appear on the body. 

Are you doing a mini wardrobe?